Travel and Hotel Wellbeing
YOUR FLYDIRECT HOLIDAY: TRAVEL WELLBEING DURING TIMES OF CORONAVIRUS.
We are delighted to announce that Majorca is currently ranked as a Green area for travel to Jersey and our direct flights to Majorca are now operating every Saturday as planned.
We are a locally based team and our decisions to ensure your wellbeing while holidaying with us are led by the Government of Jersey and their latest advice up to your departure date. Find out more about how you can Book with Confidence.
Although to many of you Spain may be very familiar, you will find there are now some new procedures in place to ensure your safety during times of coronavirus and some of these are detailed below.
REQUIREMENTS ON ENTRY TO SPAIN AND WHILST ON HOLIDAY
Arrivals in Spain:
- 48 hours prior to arrival, provide contact information and any history of exposure to COVID-19. Every traveller, regardless of age or nationality, must complete an online FCS Form to retrieve a QR code. This QR code must then be shown on your mobile or as a printed version on arrival in Spain to be able to continue your trip. We will also send the link to this form in your pre-departure information, and provide your seat numbers by email within 48 hours of departure.
- Temperature check
- Undergo a visual health assessment
- There is no requirement for a PCR test or any isolation when arriving in Spain from Britain.
- If you have received your vaccine certificate from Jersey's Government you should take this with you when you travel.
During your stay:
Social distancing measures and other safety precautions should continue to be observed at all times. Until next review on Saturday 19th June these include but are not limited to:
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres
- The use of face masks in public spaces. Exceptions include when seated eating and drinking at a bar or restaurant, and on the beach or pool side where social distancing can be easily maintained
- Complying with track and trace – all shops, businesses and transport companies are obliged to keep passengers’ contact information (where provided) for up to 4 weeks for tracking and tracing purposes
- Social gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 indoors or 15 in the open air. A maximum of 15 people can sit together at a restaurant table
After Saturday 19th June some or all of these restrictions will be amended or relaxed. We will update this information as soon as it is available to us. For full information please review the FCDO travel advice Staying during coronavirus and Entry requirements.
The Balearic Government are offering complimentary COVID insurance to all visitors staying in registered accommodation this summer. This includes cover for repatriation costs should departure from the island be delayed due to infection by COVID, the services of a translator if required, and compensation for an extended stay in an isolation hotel if necessary. Cover begins automatically when registering at your accommodation. You can see more details here.
THROUGH THE AIRPORT
Current information on what is expected from you when travelling through airports and what measures they are taking to ensure your safety can be found here for Majorca and here for Jersey. These measures include:
- A facemask covering your nose and mouth must be worn at all times for passengers above 6 years old
- Hand sanitiser is provided for use and social distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained
- People accompanying passengers cannot access the terminal building unless offering assistance
- Catering and shopping outlets may be limited
ON-BOARD BA CITYFLYER (TRAVEL TO MAJORCA)
BA are looking forward to welcoming you on-board your flight to Majorca. They are taking protective measures on the ground and in the air to ensure your safety while travelling with them.
- Face Masks: All passengers are obliged to wear a facemask during boarding and throughout the flight at all times. You must provide your own mask, if you do not do so, you will be refused boarding.
- Personal Protection Pack: You’ll be given a pack with hand gel and an antibacterial wipe on boarding
WELLBEING MEASURES ACROSS ACCOMMODATION
The Spanish Government have issued clear procedures and regulations to ensure the safety of all visitors as follows:
- Hotel guests and staff must maintain a distance of 1.5 – 2 metres in public areas, clear signage will be in place throughout the hotels
- Facemasks are required when moving around both inside and outside the hotel
- Hotel staff will be working in fixed teams to minimise risk
- Payment by card rather than cash is encouraged
- The number of guests in the restaurants will be strictly managed to ensure social distancing is maintained
- Hotel outlets and facilities may have extended opening hours to aid social distancing
- Entertainment programmes will continue where the activity does not require close contact. They will be held outdoors where possible
- Shared facilities e.g gym, spa, swimming pool, playgrounds will have increased hygiene measures and social distancing in place for clients. In gyms and spas, some equipment or treatments may no longer be available. There will be a more frequent disinfection programme across all facilities
- Lift capacity may be redefined to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be readily available throughout hotels
- Guest rooms will be thoroughly disinfected before arrival and increased measures are in place for room cleaning during your stay. Room cleaning will only take place when you are outside of your room and staff will wear protective equipment. Minibar services may not be available
- Self-service buffets will now be serviced by staff wearing masks
- All hotel staff will undergo extensive training by independent auditors to ensure an efficient and measured response throughout hotels
ON RETURN TO JERSEY
On returning home to Jersey, all travellers above the age of 12 must complete a Safer Travel registration form within 48 hours your arrival home, and will be provided with a free PCR test on arrival.
- For those arriving from a Green rated area who are fully vaccinated or under the age of 12, no isolation is required
- Passengers between 12 and 17 years old travelling from a Green rated area will be required to isolate until the result of their arrival test
- Passengers over 18 years and without both vaccinations will be required to isolate until the result of their arrival test from a Green area
- Jersey passengers travelling home from a Green area are required to take a further PCR test on day 8
- Full details of arrival requirements can be found here
BREXIT READY FOR TRAVEL FROM 2021
When travelling to Spain, there will now be some changes following Brexit. You need to make sure you have everything you will need in place before you travel. Things you may need to do before you go include:
Check your passport, on the day of travel it must:
- Have at least 6 months left
- Be less than 10 years old (even if it has 6 months or more left)
- Get travel insurance that covers your healthcare
- Check you have the right driving documents. You might need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in some countries. You can check this on the UK Post Office website. IDPs cost £10, for more information visit the Parishes website.
Find out more about Brexit.